If you are interested in a exfoliating treatment that can cleanse your facial skin of older and dead skin cells and produce wonderfully smooth skin without the need for acid or chemical peels, consider dermaplaning in Jacksonville at First Coast Plastic Surgery. Dermaplaning is a simple, safe and effective facial exfoliation treatment for almost anyone.
Our licensed facial aestheticians perform dermaplaning in Jacksonville at the First Coast Plastic Surgery Med Spa. Dermaplaning is performed by holding the skin to be treated tight while gently shaving the surface of the skin with a very sharp surgical blade; “planning” the skin to remove old and dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin. This technique completely removes all facial hair, (peach fuzz) and dead skin cells, and leaves facial skin incredibly smooth and soft. Dermaplaning is also a great pretreatment for natural or chemical peels as the freshly cleaned skin as better prepared to absorb the treatment.
The Key Benefits of Dermaplaning in Jacksonville at FCPS Med Spa
- Dermaplaning stimulates cell turnover painlessly with little to no downtime.
- This exfoliation treatment is a great option for women and men with sensitive skin.
- Dermaplaning is a safe facial treatment for women who are pregnant.
- An effective pretreatment that helps natural and chemical facial treatment products penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Dermaplaning can lighten acne scaring.
- You can enjoy dermaplaning as often as you like.
After your Dermaplaning Treatment
You may experience some redness but no pain. You skin has simply been completely cleaned and exfoliated, and your kin will be noticeably softer and smoother. You will be advised to wear sunscreen and avoid prolonged direct exposure to the sun because your skin will be a little more sensitive in the days and weeks following your treatment. However, you can immediately apply makeup and continue about your normal daily activities. Only you will do so with a newly refreshed and youthful appearance.