Years ago before all of the advancements and technology associated to cosmetic treatments that we enjoy today, there was “Dermaplaning”. A wonderfully simple and very safe method of facial exfoliation that is performed by a trained aesthetician.
Dermaplaning is performed by holding the skin to be treated tight while gently shaving the surface of the skin with a very sharp surgical blade, “planing” the skin to remove the top layer of the skin. This technique completely removes all facial hair, (peach fuzz) and dead skin cells, and leaves facial skin incredibly smooth and soft without the need for any natural or chemical treatment products.
The Key Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Stimulates cell turnover painlessly with little to no downtime.
- A great option for women and men with sensitive skin.
- A safe treatment for women who are pregnant.
- An effective pretreatment that helps natural and chemical facial treatment products penetrate the skin more effectively.
- excellent way to lighten acne scaring.
- You can enjoy dermaplaning as often as you like.
After your Dermaplaning Treatment
You may experience some redness but no pain. You skin has simply been completely cleaned and exfoliated. You can immediately apply makeup and continue about your normal daily activities. Only you will do so with a newly refreshed and youthful appearance.